The answer to this question might appear to be simple, but, in fact, it’s not the situation. Various experts have various opinions on this topic, and almost all theories seem right if you understand the logic behind them. Basically, the water requirement of our body is dependent on various factors such as the area we live, how busy our lifestyle is, along with also our well being. The most common and well-known mantra suggested by health care professionals is that you need to have eight eight-ounce glasses of water a day to help keep your body hydrated, and this truth has many scientific pieces of proof too.
However, Ayurveda has another spin on these theories. According to Ayurveda, there are a few natural urges within our body that indicate it needs something. A number of them are hunger, thirst, sleep, urination, and defecation.Hence, when you are feeling hungry, you should eat food, and drink water when you feel hungry. Ignoring these urges every time may lead to dehydration and starvation.
How many bottles of water should i drink a day?
- Though theories suggest that you need to drink at least eight glasses of water each and every day as it detoxifies the human body and also keeps the skin nourished and hydrated, Ayurveda accomplishes this actuality.
- According to Ayurveda, water is a coolant. Excessive water consumption, even when you’re not feeling hungry, can lead to indigestion and might also lead to a severe illness named Ama. Ama is actually a precursor to get a host of diseases in the body.
- Drinking a lot of water also causes an increase in kapha and vata and a drop in pitta, which impacts the digestion ability of the body. Thus, you shouldn’t overdrink water. Instead, drink it till you feel satiated. Satiation is a sign from your body that you need to quit drinking water.
Ayurvedic Way To Eliminate Water
- Just like we sit down and then eat, you must always sit down and then drink water.
- Do not drink a glass filled with water in 1 go. Take tiny sips, swallow the water, and then breathe. Repeat.
- Take small sips of water throughout the day. If you drink lots of water in one go, your own body won’t have the ability to absorb all of it, and the majority of it’s going to run through you.
- If it concerns the temperature of water, the very first preference goes to warm water. But it is possible to drink water that’s at room temperature. Avoid chilled or iced water as it could douse the digestive fire.
- Don’t drink loads of water before and after meal. It’s possible to take small sips of water in between the meals. But bear in mind to not consume lots of water while eating because there will not be enough space for digestion in the stomach.
- Always keep in mind that your stomach must be filled 50 percent with food, 25% with water, and remaining 25 percent with digestive juices.
- Thirst is a natural impulse of the human body, and you have to never ignore it. Drink water when you feel hungry.
- Urine is one of those indicators to reveal whether your system is properly hydrated or not. It it’s crystal clear and straw colored, it is fine. However, if it’s yellow, you want to drink additional water since it’s a sign of dehydration.
- Another sign of dehydration is dry lips. Thus, if your lips are dry, then it is a sign that you will need to drink water immediately.
- Now that you know how much water should you drink daily, what are you waiting for? Go and enjoy this elixir of life. We hope this information answers all of your questions, but if you still have any doubts, then you can post them in the comments section below.